Battlefields Trust Membership
Welcome to the Membership page! If you're here you must be interested in joining so now's the time as we're offering membership for the rest of 2022, and 2023, with eight copies of our magazine, Battlefield, rather than the usual six, for the price of one year's membership . Also members get free entry to our highly praised online lectures programme.
Did you know that nearly everyone in the UK lives within half an hour’s drive of a battlefield? Some, like Hastings, Bosworth and Culloden, are familiar to most of us whereas others are relatively unknown. Yet the battles fought on them all played their part in shaping the way that we live today.
So don't put it off! Why not join today so that you can help to ensure that these unique historical sites are preserved for everyone to understand and enjoy, both now and in the future.
Benefits of being a member:
- 'Battlefield', our quarterly Magazine
- Keeping you informed about the latest fights to preserve battlefields
- Keeping you informed about forthcoming battlefield walks, study days and conferences
- Providing a wide range of articles on battlefields and battlefield-related themes
- Giving stimulating debate on many battlefield issues
- All members have free access to our very popular series of on-line lectures on battlefield-related subjects presented by experts and historians.
- An active regional network, providing opportunities to become more involved locally.
- An annual weekend conference and AGM. Our 2022 conference was on the weekend of May 28/29 at the National Civil War Centre at Newark. It was very successful with several lectures, and visits to Bosworth and the site of the battle of Gainsborough.
- A dedicated members' only section on the Battlefields Trust website with articles and information about special offers for members including discounts on books, prints and historical tours.
- The knowledge that you are helping to preserve our battlefield heritage for generations to come